Social Media & Community Manager
At the core of #movethedial’s work is our mandate to connect and empower the tech and innovation community. We firmly believe that we can only truly #movethedial if we do it together.
#movethedial is seeking a passionate and experienced Social Media and Community Manager to help us grow, engage and retain our followers. As our Social Media and Community Manager, you will work closely with the CEO and Chief of Staff to manage #movethedial’s voice, brand and presence across social media channels. You will also connect with key contacts in the tech and innovation community to build community, create partnerships, and represent the #movethedial movement. We're looking for a talented and passionate person, who wants to move fast, and have a huge impact.
Who You Are
You are detail oriented and organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines. You have a passion for technology, and thrive in a fast paced environment; though you like working independently when needed, you also love to collaborate on projects. You are professional, have integrity, and take pride in representing your organization in a way that makes others want to join! You value respect, collaboration, abundance, inclusiveness and action - favouring progress over perfection. You look for inspiration, and seek to amaze and delight.
What You’ll Do
- Social Media Management
- You will use your knowledge and understanding of trends in social media marketing to execute an effective social media program, playing a key role in growing the #movethedial movement.
- Assist with additional content needs for #movethedial, including website content updates
- Attend #movethedial and community events to capture content and to promote #movethedial’s participation
- Create and execute a comprehensive social media calendar
- Ensure healthy growth of #movethedial social channels, monitoring and adjusting editorial strategy according to monthly analytics reports
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic from our social networks to #movethedial website and events
- Draft content including blog posts, newsletters, communications materials, and copy for social media channels
- Create, manage and grow #movethedial’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, instagram, LinkedIn and other strategically relevant online properties
- Community Management
- You will identify, develop and foster relationships with key local and regional tech organizations to drive impact and support #movethedial’s mission
- Represent #movethedial at tech industry and community events
- Support #movethedial events team from a social media presence/coverage perspective, and assist with event planning, as needed
- Manage public comments and queries on #movethedial platforms in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Monitor and report results of online reviews and public commentary
- Keep up-to-date with digital technology trends
- You have approximately 2-4 years of experience in a social media, community management or content management role
- Advanced proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Hootsuite
- Experience with marketing automation systems (ie. Hubspot, Pardot, Mailchimp, etc), and Google Analytics is an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Experience within the technology industry and/or innovation ecosystem is preferred
- Comfortable with travel and at-times irregular hours related to events and engagement activities (ie. evenings)
We offer many perks and benefits:
- An environment passionate about growth & learning
- A passionate, collaborative, supportive and driven team
- Flex hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Paid sick days and competitive vacation time
#movethedial is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.